Terminal 117 (T-117) has a long history in the Duwamish. The site was originally used for asphalt shingle manufacturing, which left behind soil and sediment contamination. The Port acquired the site in 2000, and has worked alongside the City of Seattle to conduct multiple large-scale cleanups, which were completed in 2016. The timeline below outlines the multiple stages of cleanup along T-117.
View a history of what has occurred on the site from 2012 back to 1937 >>